Monday 9 September 2013

A Year Into This Thing


I started this blog last summer, my first posting being about the demise of Lance Armstrong. About a year ago I went to my first @waterstonescroy book group to discuss Jamilla, and shared my thoughts on it here as well. I have intermittently talked about what I am reading and mean to do more of that. This was never about to be a very focussed blog, just me going on about what was on my mind normally cycling, housing, food, books and music.

Given what is happening with things such as the Bedroom Tax I kind of feel I ought to have had more to say on housing, but often in the moment it has been said better by others. I have enjoyed discovering Matthews Yard and my little go at interviewing with Croydon Radio and sharing that. I started writing about obscure things to do with band I love. Probably the best moment was Hazel O’Connor commenting on the entry about her.

Getting the chance to muse on cycling and life with Old Portlians CC has been a particular pleasure and probably the bit I will look back on. Thanks to all those who have read my stuff, and especially those who have said nice things about it. And Julian for reminding me about my dodgy proof reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment